According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook, Dental Assistants are involved in performing a wide range of tasks, from patient care, taking x-rays to recordkeeping and scheduling appointments. Their duties varies depending on the Dental Office they are employed at to the number of other dental assistants working with certain dentist.
- Providing comfortability for the patients during their stay at the dentists especially during their sitting in the dental chair;
- Preparing the patients for dental treatments and procedures;
- Sterilization of dental instruments;
- Helpingthe dentist by handing them instruments during procedures;
- Keeping patients’ mouths dry by using suction hoses and other equipment;
- Instruct patients in proper oral hygiene;
- Process x rays and complete lab tasks, under the direction of a dentist;
- Keep records of dental treatments;
- Schedule patient appointments;
- Work with patients on billing and payment.
Also, from the dental assistants it is expected to perform certain tasks involving: coronal polishing, sealant application, fluoride application or topical anesthetic application.
The scope of practice for dental assistants may vary from state to state due the exclusivity of the state to regulate their scope of work.
Source: http://www.bls.gov/ooh/ – Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook
Motivation letter for a Dental Assistant
PO Box 8568944
Orlando, FL 32819
18 March 2016
Ms. Jane Surrey
PO Box 8569999
Orlando, FL 32888
Dear Ms. Surrey,
I am writing to express my interest in the job position of a Dental Assistant at your hospital. In the Attachment I am sending my Resume for your consideration. Having extensive experience of over 12 years as dental Assistant at the local hospital I believe that I possess medical expertise that enables me to practice complete medical care. In addition, I am cordial, gentle and amiable especially when it comes to child care and patients that are unwilling to cooperate. I believe that my characteristics and experience will be of a great use within your team.
My experience is related to four-handed assisting, teeth whitening and helping orthodontists at the hospital I worked at. In my everyday work I act as professional, ethic and hardworking employee. Also I passed several certifications organized by the American Dental Association, such as certified Dental Assistant (CDA) examination for which I am sending you the Certificate along with my resume in the Attachment.
I am looking forward for your call for an interview where we could discuss my knowledge and experience in greater detail. If you considering to contact me, I am available 24/7 on my private phone or via e-mail.
Thank you very much in advanced for your time and consideration,